Recipe for Grilled Autumn Vegetables
2 yellow squash, halved, seeds discarded, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
1 butter nut squash, halved, seeds discarded, sliced into triangles
1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch-rounds
3 red bell peppers, seeded and halved, sliced
4 plum tomatoes, sliced
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Pre-heat the grill to medium-high (or a grill pan)
2. Arrange squash on a steamer rack in a saucepan and steam over boiling water, covered, until tender, about 15 minutes.
3. On a big platter brush the sliced vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
4. Place the vegetables on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes, turn over with tongs, and grill for 5 more minutes, or until they are lightly charred with grill marks. Remove from the grill.
5. Serve warm with the phyllo squares, goat cheese & olive tapenade.