You would think that the UWS neighborhood, home to a large Jewish community, would have lots of great, local falafel joints. But I have yet to find better chickpea fritters than at Maoz Vegetarian— the international veggie falafel chain, located on 70th and Amsterdam. For just $4.95 you can get a falafel sandwich with your choice of tasty toppings and sauces from their– the best part— do-it-yourself salad bar. Their falafel has the perfect balance of cilantro and parseley and is fried to perfection in heart-friendly canola oil. For more flavor– dress your sandwich with the classics, tabouli salad, hummus and tahini sauce, and add some spicy hot green chili dressing for heat. Stay tuned for a Creative Delites do-it-all-yourself falafel sandwich recipe!
- New Food Stuffs Tried at Whole Foods Market, #83 Guacamole
- Baked Falafel Recipe with Israeli Salad
- Maoz Vegetarian; Turn to the Chain for the Best Falafel on the UWS
- New Food Stuffs Tried at Whole Foods Market, #84 Jarlsberg Cheese
- Leave Your Preconceptions at The Door, Try This Simply Delicious Veggie Burger Recipe
- NYC Chefs Share Their Healthy Recipes: Gary and Isabel MacGurn, Hampton Chutney Co.
- Contribute an Entry to The Pioneer Woman Food Blog and Help Haiti
- New Food Stuffs Tried at Whole Foods Market, #85 Whole Wheat Naan
- Flatbreads with Fusion, Weekend in Washington DC-Inspired
- Mark Bittman’s Caramelized Spiced Nuts Recipe